Autumn is about new flavors in our kitchen. Our favorite fruits of this season are figs. Figs are ready to be eaten when they are soft in touch. Figs perish quickly, so the sooner you use them the better. Some people do not peel the before they eat them but we choose to peel them. Figs go well with nuts, blue cheese and prosciutto. Here is the recipe we used to make a delicious fig jam.
- 1 kg ripped figs, peeled and chopped
- 500gr caster sugar
- Lemon juice of one lemon
- 1 glass of water
- Mash the figs and place them in a saucepan. Bring to the boil. Cook over very low heat.
- Add gradually the sugar and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Your jam is ready.
- Put it in glass jars and preserve it in the fridge.