Apart from the very popular Acropolis Museum, National Archaeological Museum, the Museum of Cycladic Art, the Benaki Museum, the Byzantine and Christian Museum which are in the list of the most amazing museums in the world, we are sure you are going to find the following suggestions really interesting whether you visit them on a rainy or hot day in Athens.
1. Visit the Kapnikarea Church. A byzantine masterpiece in Monastiraki
2. Spent half an hour in the beautiful Syntagma Metro Station. Admire the ancient findings that are displayed in the hall and visit the Food Hall to taste and buy some local products.
3. Visit the museum in Stoa of Attalos. It is located within the Agora of Athens and displays some fine pieces of archaeological significance.
4. It is worth a stop in Athens Cathedral. There may be renovation works but you will be able to see part of its unique architecture.
5. Visit the unique and interesting Athens City Museum. This small museum presents the modern history of Athens. It is mainly a palace with several items related to King Otto.
6. Although not in the center of Athens if you are around Ilion area, visit the Queen’s Tower (Pyrgos Vasilissis). You may need to book a tour in advance. It was built by Queen Amalia in the 18th century.