|Photo By Total|
Summer is on its way. Make this delicious Greek Yogurt ice cream (παγωτό γιαούρτι) for these special sweet moments.
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, the milk and half of the sugar and simmer, stirring continuously until sugar dissolves.
- In a bowl, whisk the yolks and the remaining sugar, until blended.
- Add the saucepan mixture to the bowl mixture and whisk until blended.
- Bring the mixture to the saucepan and stir continuously over low heat for about 3-4 minutes. Do not boil!!
- Strain the mixture over a medium size bowl.
- Place the bowl with the mixture in a larger bowl half filled with iced water. Whisk for 5 minutes until mixture is cool.
- Remove the bowl with mixture from the larger bowl filled with water and whisk yogurt and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer the final mixture to an ice cream maker. Alternatively, place the mixture in a big bowl covered on top, and stir it every half an hour until frozen.