I adore summertime, as all of you I guess, and I adore, homemade and fresh summery flavours.
If you are a lemon desserts’ fan, here is the best Greek lemon tart, I made recently, and I absolutely loved it!
Here is what you will need:
For the FILLING
- 500g Greek Double-Thick Yogurt (Διπλοσταγγιστό Γιαούρτι)
- 1 x 385g tin condensed milk (εβαπορέ)
- juice of 1 medium-sized lemon
- pinch salt
For the CRUST
- 1 x 200g packet Digestive Biscuits
- 145g butter, melted
- fresh mint sprigs, to garnish (optional)
- For the filling, combine the yoghurt, condensed milk, lemon juice and salt. Refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 24cm pie dish. For the crust, blitz the biscuits until a fine crumb forms and combine with the melted butter. Press the biscuits crust into the prepared pie dish and bake in the oven, 10 minutes.
- Allow the crust to cool completely, about 1 hour. Pour the creamy lemon filling into the cooled crust and refrigerate to set, at least 2 hours. Serve garnished with fresh mint sprigs, if desired.
The original recipe is found on the foodandhome.co.za. The above is an alteration of mine. You may also be playful with this. Adding a bit more of something, or adding some nuts on the top. Cooking is fun and enjoyful! You should not necessarily follow the steps to the exact.