- 5 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp. butter (melted and cooled)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp. brandy
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 inches of vegetable oil (or shortening for frying)
- For the Syrup:
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tsp. water
- Garnish: cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder into a bowl and set aside.
Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the egg yolks and whole egg on high speed until the eggs are thick and smooth and the color is light yellow – about 4 to 5 minutes.
Combine the melted butter, orange juice, and brandy. With the mixer running, add to the egg mixture until incorporated.