Drinking coffee is a main part of Greek culture. Older people drink their Greek coffee in traditional cafes, named “kafenio” in cities and villages. Younger people choose modern cafes to drink cappuccinos, frappes and espressos, either warm in winter or cold in summer.
Here is a list of the best cafe in Athens to have a coffee or a snack. Most of them offer breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes. Check their websites by clicking on their names for details.
1. Pure Bliss – Fresh, organic food and drinks
2. Shinovatis – French vintage at its greatest, for coffee and cocktails
3. Cafe Taf – Very serious about the quality of coffee – Great service
4. Yard cafe right below the Acropolis – a contemporary nice place to rest
5. Regal Cafe Bar – A great chill-out place for coffee, food and drinks