Covid-19 information by the gr.usemabassy.com
Greece allowed cafes and restaurants to reopen on Monday 25th, 2020 after the coronavirus restrictions. For the forthcoming summer season, here are some hidden gems, bars and coffee places in Athens, with beautiful yards and cozy gardens
Deserted squares, padlocked parks, empty avenues where lines of cars once idled bumper-to-bumper in traffic as motorbikes and scooters zoomed through the narrow gaps between. The Greek capital, Athens, like so many cities across the world, has seen its streets empty under a lockdown designed to stem the spread of the new coronavirus
Greece reported two new cases of coronavirus in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to three, and said it would suspend all carnival celebrations in the country.
=&0=& are =&1=&, though strong seismic activity around Athens is rare. But the 1999 quake looms large in the memories of many residents.
According to the Tourism Ministry, when an earthquake occurs please follow these instructions:
If you are at the interior of a building
– Remain calm
– Take cover under a sturdy piece of furniture (table, desk etc), stand on your knees and hold on to the leg of the table or the desk
– If a sturdy piece of furniture does not exist, stand on your knees in the middle the room, staying as low as possible and trying to cover your head with your hands. Keep away from large glass surfaces such as windows, or furniture and objects that might hurt you.
– Do not try to leave the building.
– Do not get out on a balcony, if one exists
If you are in a tall building
– Keep away from glass windows and outer walls
If you are in a shopping mall or a big commercial store
– Remain calm
– Stay exactly where you are until the tremble comes to a stop
– Don’t get swept away by the running crowd which is moving unorderly towards the exits because there is a high risk of being stepped over.
If you are at an open space
– Get away from places situated exactly underneath buildings or from places where there are telephone or electricity cables.
– If you are carrying a handbag, put it over your head in order to protect yourself.
If you are in a car
– Go to an open space and stop the car somewhere where it does not impede the circulation of other vehicles
– Keep away from tunnels or bridges
source: Tourism Ministry
PS the Ministry certainly means: buildings built after 2000 when strict anti-seismic construction measures were introduced.